SVP Head of School Search
STARTING DATE: July 2018
CLOSING DATE: 28th Feb 2018
About the School
Sekolah Victory Plus is a fully authorised International Baccalaureate PYP, MYP and DP school of 930 students and 140 teaching staff. We are 20 years old and located in Kemang Pratama, Bekasi. We are an accredited ANPS school and are listed as an A ranked Indonesian school. Approximately 90% of our student body is Indonesian, but nearly all are fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia. Our Indonesian staff, parents and students are very friendly, willing to learn and always want to help.
Greater Jakarta is a wonderfully complicated city, you either hate it or you love it! Our location of Kemang Pratama, Bekasi is actually slightly outside of Jakarta in a leafy, well-to-do neighbourhood, but with Jakarta just at your doorstep. Bekasi has many malls, restaurants, and shopping centres, so you need never go into the centre of Jakarta if you do not want to. Many staff take advantage of weekend trips to Bali, but there is a range of other places to visit in Indonesia; you can dive, climb volcanos, surf or volunteer at an Orangutan centre.
We are a caring and responsible community of lifelong learners, global citizens and entrepreneurs.
The Head of School serves as the educational leader of the School. The Head of School ensures that the implementation of all programs and practices of teachers and staff is consistent with the School’s vision, mission and policies, and that all students are provided with an excellent education to achieve their potential. The duties and responsibilities of the Head include the following:
- Provide Quality Assurance that SVP has high academic standards throughout the school
- Be committed to promoting diversity and collaboration among the leadership team and the teaching staff
- Advise on general affairs office operations
- Recruiting high quality expatriate teachers
- Lead a full range of activities in support and advancement of the school
- Communicate effectively with the various stakeholders at SVP.
- A qualified teacher possessing an advanced degree, preferably a Master’s in Education
- International school administrative experience or documented outstanding educational leadership at an SPK school in Indonesia
- Intimate knowledge of the programmes of the International Baccalaureate
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience of strategic planning, budgeting, and finance
- A proven record of recruiting and retaining high quality faculty and staff
- By Indonesian law must be under 58 years old.
- Substantial Indonesian experience
- Substantial experience as the head in a comparable international IB school
- Proven success in working productively with boards, teachers, staff, parents, students, and the wider school community
- Professionally trained in the programmes of the International Baccalaureate ( PYP, MYP and/or Diploma)
- Previous experience with the IB and accreditation bodies
- Possess reputable contacts with other International School heads and leaders
- Trained and demonstrated competence in the use of technology tools
- Marketing and public relations experience.
- A compassionate, principled and honest person of unquestionable integrity and professionalism with a genuine sense of humour
- Visible, open minded, approachable and outgoing
- A dynamic, inspiring leader and enthusiastic teacher
- An excellent communicator comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to be flexible with the constraints of Indonesian life
- Celebrates and promotes diversity
- Able to build and maintain the trust of the broader school community
- Open and receptive to suggestions for improvement.
Terms and Conditions of Appointment
The salary and benefits package for the Head of School position will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. SVP is aiming for an initial appointment of two years, renewable by mutual consent.
Candidates should submit a cover letter together with:
- a resume/CV including a recent colour photo (limit two (2) pages)
- a statement of leadership philosophy (limit one (1) page)
- names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of professional references, preferably individuals to whom the candidate directly reports or recently reported (we will check with the applicant before contacting referees).
The Search Committee reserves the right to contact the writers of any open testimonials that may be submitted for confidential statements. Please copy your CV and cover letter into a single PDF file and email it to: email@example.com
Please note that, aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the Search Committee reserves the right to close the application process early if a candidate is selected before the deadline.