Scholarship to study in Finland
2. Place & date of birth: Batam, 29 January 1992
3. Education background: B.A(Hons.) of Mass Communication
4. Graduated from: UCSI University Kuala Lumpur, 2012
5. Philosophy in education : Without teachers there will not be a legacy
6. Your achievement (scholarship award name): I’m not really sure about this, because they are granting free education to people that are fulling their requirements, so can we say it’s a Scholarship from Finland Government?
7. Amount/details that the scholarship covers: Full tuition fee (Approx €18000)
8. Study length : 2 Years (Sept 2015 – Sept 2017) City : Oulu Country : Finland
9. Details of what you will be doing :
I’m going to take a Master of Art (Education) in Learning, Education and Technology from University of Oulu, Finland.
University of Oulu is ranked at 259th place in the world according to QS World University Rankings 2014/15. Founded in 1958 with currently more than 16,000 students are enrolled across 10 faculties and one of the biggest and the most multidisciplinary universities in Finland. It prides it self on its many notable alumni, including Martti Ahtisaari, former president of Finland and Noble Peace Prize laureate.
The Master’s Degree Programme in Learning, Education and Technology (LET) educates experts in learning. The contents of the programme are based on central and recent research in the learning sciences and technology-enhanced learning. The core of the education consists of three theoretical viewpoints: self-regulated learning, collaborative learning, and the learning of expertise.
In addition, the programme includes the exploration of the significance of learning and educational technologies in the working life and the society both now and in the future. Expertise includes abilities to use technologies in pedagogically grounded manners in different learning contexts.
10. How you got the award? (where and how you applied, why you received it?…..)
I made my application directly to the University by fulfilling the requirements given by the university such as; Bachelor Degree Certificate and Transcript, Personal Statement Essay, Reference Letter, English language proficiency proof and an interview (Through Skype).
I choose Finland because of their well known quality in Education.
Ibu Adel, we at SVP, wish you all the best in Finland and hope that you return to us afterwards!